The Membership Committee is responsible for developing recruitment strategies for new members and providing existing members with value-added service to retain their membership.
The Membership Committee's goals are
- to develop strategies to support the chapters in recruiting and retaining members, and
- to provide value-added service to make sure current members get the most out of their memberships.
We handle the production and distribution of KOTESOL branded merchandise, and we also field questions about membership.
Over the coming year, we're hoping to implement a variety of initiatives, including the following:
- Support for chapters' social/networking events;
- Production and distribution of membership cards;
- An "open door" classroom observation program;
- Support for negotiated discounts at local establishments for KOTESOL members;
- Greater accessibility of KOTESOL merchandise;
- Support for grassroots promotion of KOTESOL by members;
- An Annual Members' Gala.
We're currently looking for highly organized, reliable individuals to assist in the planning and management of these initiatives.
Individuals and chapters interested in purchasing KOTESOL merchandise can do so here.